Undergraduate Chemistry Degree Overview
In addition to its technology-focused curriculum and state-of-the-art laboratories, Georgia Tech’s Bachelor's in Chemistry program offers several key advantages:
- The opportunity to work on cutting-edge research projects with world-class faculty and facilities, so you can round out your education by practicing what you have learned.
- Flexible degree options: You can customize your degree to fit your specific interests and career goals.
- Atlanta location: Atlanta, Georgia is one of the most tech-savvy cities in the U.S. and home to some of the world’s most prestigious company headquarters.
国产偷拍视频As a Chemistry major, you will acquire a basic competence and knowledge in the physical and biological sciences. You will also develop a strong understanding of chemical principles, and learn to apply them to real-world problems.
B.S. Chemistry Degree Concentrations and Options
Customize your curriculum plan to match your specific interests and career plans.
Increase your competitiveness for jobs and graduate school by adding a designation to your degree.
- Prepare for a global career. Learn more about the .
- Pursue an in-depth, long-term research experience that culminates in a final paper or thesis. Learn more about the .
Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry Requirements
国产偷拍视频The Bachelor of Science in Chemistry degree program contains the following: general core classes; technical courses that provide a strong background in chemistry; technical electives to explore areas in greater depth; courses involving undergraduate research, and free electives. .
Rankings and Awards
Georgia Tech’s School of Chemistry and Biochemistry faculty members are frequently recognized for their outstanding contributions to their fields.
- A National Medal of Science Winner
A presidential award given to individuals deserving of special recognition for their outstanding contributions to knowledge in the physical, biological, mathematical, or engineering sciences.
- 10 Sloan Research Fellowships
Awarded for distinguished performance and a unique potential to make substantial contributions to the field.
- 15 National Science Foundation CAREER Award Winners
The National Science Foundation’s most prestigious award for early-career teacher-scholars who most effectively integrate research and education within the context of the mission of their organization.