Undergraduate Neuroscience Degree Overview
In addition to its technology-focused curriculum and state-of-the-art laboratories, Georgia Tech’s B.S. in Neuroscience degree offers several key advantages:
- Interdisciplinary training. Immersive experiences across multiple fields such as psychology, biology, biochemistry, physics, mathematics, computer science, and engineering.
- Flexible degree options. Customized degrees to fit specific interests and career goals.
- Research opportunities with world-renowned neuroscience researchers.
- Atlanta location. Atlanta, Georgia is one of the most tech-savvy cities in the U.S. and home to some of the world’s biggest companies.
国产偷拍视频As a Neuroscience major, you will develop a basic competence and knowledge of behavioral and cognitive, molecular, cellular, and systems neuroscience. You will develop a strong understanding of the structure and function of the brain and nervous system, and a familiarity with the methods, applied solutions, and technologies that enable new discoveries and support their translation into diagnoses and treatments of brain disorders.
Neuroscience Degree Concentrations and Options
Add a specialization in one of these areas to your degree:
- Computer Science
- Health and Medical Sciences
Learn more about the required for these specializations.
国产偷拍视频Increase your competitiveness for jobs and graduate school by adding a designation to your degree.
- Prepare for medical school. Learn more about the .
- Pursue an in-depth, long-term research experience. Learn more about the .
- Build a business perspective into your degree without adding the hours required for a minor. See the course requirements for the .
B.S. Neuroscience Degree Requirements
The Bachelor’s in Neuroscience degree program contains the following: general core classes; technical courses that provide a strong background in mathematics; technical electives to explore areas in greater depth; courses involving undergraduate research, and free electives. .
- Methods in Neuroscience
Within your first year, engage in hands-on experience with traditional and cutting-edge techniques to understand neural function in cells, animals, and humans. Additional coursework provides critical methodological examination of multiple techniques.
- Data Analysis and Critical Thinking Skills
Exploration of neuroscientific concepts utilizing a data-driven approach, providing skills in forming hypotheses and drawing conclusions based on quantitative data and proposed neural models.
- Research and internship opportunities
Students in the B.S. in Neuroscience program are strongly encouraged to participate in undergraduate research with one of over 60 professors on campus conducting neuroscience-related studies.
Rankings and Awards
Georgia Tech’s Neuroscience faculty members are frequently recognized for their outstanding contributions to their fields. Some examples include:
What Can You Do with a Degree in Neuroscience?
国产偷拍视频The B.S. in Neuroscience is solid preparation for a wide variety of careers, graduate schools, professional training programs, and industry positions such as:
- Physician’s assistant.
- Research scientist.
- Public health advisor.
- Medical technician.
- Forensic science technician.
- Business consultant.
- Neuromarketing and other neuro-related startup positions.
What Are Georgia Tech Graduates Doing Now?
- Medical school.
- Dental school.
- Graduate school.